"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

18 Jul 2012

Is it good enough?


I've been spending a while trying to make my own version of  a wedding card and here is my prototype.I apologise for the crumpled look to the card but.... oops blooper!... as I was moving the card  to take the photo it dropped down behind the sideboard. I couldn't move the furniture much because it was so heavy .. so I used an umbrella to push the card out.... hence the crumpled look!!

How did I make this card? I designed it on the Studio DE spftware and cut it out on my Cameo.
I latticed heart shapes to the back and sides and welded  hearts on the front and back.  I folded the sides to create a gatefold card. I cut out the couple from black card and adhered to the centre. I adhered some red mirri card tot he back of the card to give a hint of colour
I did design and cut out a heart with wings to go on the front. I cut that out with gold mirri card. I used a Marianne Serafina die to cut out the design to go in the centre of the heart. Once glued I decided I didn't like the wings so I just trimmed them off for now. That means the gold heart isn't as smoothly cut as it should be. As this is a protoype I'm not bothered because I'll cut a nicer one for the real card.
I bought some heart embellishments from Dunelm and simply added them above the couple. I guess people can persnalise it with different emebllies.

Now the big question is ... is this card good enough to release the cutting file for download??
Comment below and if the majority is yes I'll release it for download.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.