"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

7 Jul 2012

Birthday Boy

Where does the time go? You give birth to these lovely little babies and before you know it they're all grown up! Its my second son's 30th birthday next week so I thought I ought to get a card made.
Its a simple design of a car because he is car mad. He's been changing all the bits in his engine and on the front to look like Opel. I have no idea why he would want to spend his money doing that but hey ho thats  is fun LOL.

I traced and cut out the car shape with the Cameo and also welded the wording. I cut out a slightly smaller outline of the car from glitter paper and offset the words to create a mat for them. I then adhered them all onto the card. I traced and cut the Opel logo and added that to the grill.
I cut the glitter card with glitter side down onto the mat to protect the blade. This meant I had to reverse the wording  otherwise it would come out back to front. Not that I forgot to do that on my first attempt of course!! cough cough!! I secured the paper with some masking tape to stop it slipping.
Lastly I drew the number plate using gel pens instead of the blade in the Cameo and edged the card with some peel offs.
Next I;m going to make a wedding card for  a friends daughter. I've bought the file so now I'm going to cut it out. It looks complicated to wish me luck!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.