"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

19 Jun 2012

Jubilee

Gosh these few weeks are manic in work and I haven't had a great time to craft. On Saturday I went to the Chepstow Pink Scrappers crop and finally got around to celebrating the Queen's diamond Jubilee. I made a full page layout as well as start a flip flap book.

This is the layout. I used the Papermania Portabello Road collection. I cut strips of paper and layed them side by side to form a mat. I cut out a postage stamp shaped card and a silhouette of the queen's head. I embossed the head and distressed the stamp with some Fired brick ink. That was adhered to the page. I then cut the die strip and adhered it across the base of the mat. I also added spme paper lace above  the stip. I printed and cut out the crown and embossed that too. I cut out the dates and the number 60 from glitter paper and adhered those to the page.

I finished it off with the flowers I'd made before and decorated it all with a few gems and bows.

I haven't finished the flip flap card. I'm going to finish that on Thursday at the crafty friends group.
I want to have a go at another lace' / fold and tuck topper. I have an idea of what I want to do. I also want to carry on with the canvas I started a few days ago.

I also want to decorate the sweet (candy)  jar I keep in my craft room that I dip into occasionally. My son keeps sneaking in and emptying the jar so I need to put a warning on it!! It'll give me a chance to practise with some vinyl again.

From struggling to know what to do next I seem to have switched to having so many things I want to complete! I just need a few extra hours in the day to get them done now!!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.