One of the ladies showed us how to make boxes. Now what she showed us looked pretty simple and it should have been an easy task.....but........ my measuring was totally off all afternoon!
It took me four attempts to make one box with a lid that fitted!! I kept making the same mistake each time causing me and the others a great deal of laughter! However I did eventually manage to make two boxes from the mistakes..... it was just a shame that they didin't fit the card I'd made to put inside the box!
The card is the retirement card I made a few weeks ago. I decided to make a box for it because the envelope kept flattening the flower at the centre of the card.
Anyway, I solved the problem of the different sizes by trimming the card just enough to fit inside the box.
I decorated the box by cutting out and decoupaging some shaped pieces. I cut the butterfly using a Marianne die and adhered it to the centre piece. I coloured the edge of the lid with some antique linen distress ink.
I adhered some strips of mirri card around the sides of the box to strengthen it. I added a diagonal strip across the top of the lid. I cut out some flowers from the scraps of paper that were left from making the card and adhered them on the lid. I added the centre piece to complete the box.
It is nice to have the box coordinate with the card. It certainly saves the flower from being crushed.
I definitely need to pracitise making more boxes though...perhaps then I'll get the measurements right..... just so funny!! hahah!