"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

4 May 2012

journaling flowers

I went shopping to the local craft shop and had a great bargain.... I love a bargain!. I bought two packs of Promarkers for half price. They worked out at about 80 pence a pen! Can't get a much better deal than that and it certainly brightened up a dull drizzly day!!
I decided to do a page in my journal tonight because I haven't done one for ages. Its inspired by a bookmark I found around the house. I liked the rose on the side of the bookmark so I ripped around it in preparation for the page. For my page I used a punch (Fiskars) along the edge of the page to give the impression it was from a note book. Next I painted it brown and made a block design stencil from plastic and dabbed paint through it. I used bubble wrap, stamps and pens to colour and pattern the back ground. I adhered the flower to finish it off. I think I could have coloured the stamped roses in a bit better but I actually like them as they are. I can't think what to write so I'll leave it blank for now.

I've been trying to think of ideas to alter my second box. I want it to be different to the other one.
I started out thinking of a black, white and red theme but changed my mind to going green .... but... changed my mind to going metallic.... ooohhh   decisions decisions!!! Which one shall I go for??? hmmmm?????

Think I'll ponder this problem over a nice glass of wine and maybe a bar of chocolate!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.