"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

7 May 2012

Bookmark

I was surfing the net when I found this cutting file here  and it was  so cute I had to download it and make it. as you can see its not just a pretty bird it has a practical function of being a bookmark as well.


I did have to adapt it slightly by reducing the number of holes in the chest and on the wings because I was making it smaller than the original file.
I cut out the base bird from plain card from my stash and then the top bird. I edged the base with orange Distress ink then I reversed the design and cut out the top. I  embossed  both toppers to give them strength and  shine. I used clear embossing powder. I adhered them to both sides of the base card to give it some strength.

I finished it off by adding some colour on the face and wings using Promarkers and gems for the eyes.

It was so nice to do something different, I must get back to doing some more on the baby album soon......
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.