"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

21 Apr 2012

Scrap Crop Relaunch

Wow! Its been a busy day today. I was one of the organisers relaunching Chepstow Pink Scrappers. Its was a great success with quite a few people turning up. The Zentangle mini class was popular and the designs they created were stunning.

There was one hiccup where the venue  manager might have locked the door in the afternoon so  several ladies couldn't get into the building. We didn't know about this until after the event. It'll be something we can sort out for the next crop.


Despite the hiccup we had lots of new comers  who said they'll be coming again so that's encouraging.

I did a full page layout of my children growing up. I just mated the photos and added the shape for the wording. I adhered the cut letters and numbers and coloured them with some Promarkers to help them stand out. The embellishments are  crocheted flowers... bought ones.. I'm nt that patient to crochet them myself. LOL





It didn't turn out exactly as I'd planned  because the papers tended to bend into each other rather than stand out as I'd hoped. Never mind I still like the page. I might make another page, with a picture of them this year....... if I can get them altogether... which isn't as easy as it sounds. They're grown up and off doing their own things these days.

I also did a little bit on my baby album, just adhered a couple of embellishment. I think I'm at the stage that I need to make the cover for it so that'll be my next task....


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.