"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

29 Apr 2012

1st Anniversary!!!

Today is the first anniversary of my blog. I entered my first post exactly a year ago today, 285 posts later and I'm still here. Wow! Hasn't the time flown??? I would like to say a huge thank you to all those  who have come along and viewed my projects. I've been amazed how many hits I've had on my blog, far greater than I expected.

I can't believe I've written so much or achieved so much and had such fun along the way. I'm still learning new techniques and expanding my creative adventure, ad today is no different. At the start of a new year of blogging I'm going to attempt a new project. I'm going to try to alter a box. My first go at altering a tub failed miserably. So I hope this one will be more successful.

For Christmas my hubby received two boxes of Pringle socks and he saved the boxes for me. They've been in my craft room since then. I thought now would be a good time to do something with them. They are strong sturdy boxes with a magnetic catch at the front. The top has a clear acetate window. It is quite thick acetate so shouldn't be a problem to decorate....... I hope.... you know me and my famous last words!!
First step is to cover the actetate with masking tape to protect it from paint/glue during the altering process. Next I've covered the outside of the box with Gesso. I only have clear Gesso and I'm now wondering if it would be better to get some white or black Gesso as well?  Perhaps I'll buy some and use it for the next box.

That's all I'm going to do tonight. Unfortunately I have too much preparation to do for work for tomorrow.  

Once again A HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to you all for making my first year blogging enjoyable. Do feel free to comment ......I do love comments!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.