"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

21 Mar 2012

Roots

My last post was about my welsh heritage. Tonight I started on my Belgian roots. I've created one page for my Belgian links in my journal so far.

The brown square background represents the scrumptious fresh waffles we used to have when we visited my grandmother. To get this effect I painted the background a light golden brown and then covered it with a grid mask and dabbed a darker brown over the top.
 I flicked white paint over that to represent the icing sugar we used to have over the warm waffles.... gosh my mouth is watering just thinking of them!!
I edged the page with the flag colours.

I then cut out the Atomium out of silver mirri card. We used to visit this building every time we went to Brussels. I loved it there.
Next I adhered the wording and the Belgian flag in the shape of a heart. I've written the family names  on the side of the page.
There is a touch of sadness doing this page because my grandmother, aunt and uncle and  my father are no longer with us. However I have lots of fond memories.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.