"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

3 Mar 2012

The cover

I've been making the covers for my mini alum that will hold the tags for the 12 tags for 2012 project.Its not finished yet.
A friend gave me some paper from the V&A collection. As soon as I saw it I knew it would be great for the covers. The different animals in each square  reminded me of the Chinese years of the animals.
I used the paper to cover some pieces of mount board. I used my Bind-it-All to punch holes on all four sides of the boards. I want to thread some raffia or bakers twine through the holes. I haven't decided which one to use yet. I might leave that until I've made some more tags so that the thread/raffia/ribbon coordinates with the tags.
I used my Cameo to cut out the numbers and tags. I edged the numbers with brick distress ink.  I also used the pen attachment to create the outline for the words inside the tags. I coloured the inside of the lettering with burgundy Promarkers. I want to edge the words with some peels off too but that'll have to wait for another day.
 I assembled the album and bound it with the wire from the BIA.
I'm pleased with it so far. I must have a look at the March tag and see how I can make that. I don't want to buy Ranger things just to use on one tag so I'll just use what I have. That's half the fun... adapting a design and putting your own twist on it, don't you think?
Photobucket

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.