"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

7 Feb 2012

Valentine Part 2

The St. Valentine card was continued this evening. Once the two pieces of paper have been woven through the slits it creates a hidden page. To find the hidden page  open the card and fold the centre panels away from you. Open up the centre folds and you find the hidden panel. Simply pull the sides of the card apart to close the centre panels and hide your message!
As you can see I've added a hidden message for my Hubby. I distressed the edges of the square sections with Worn Lipstick Ranger distress ink. I drew some squiggles and faux stitching around the edges.
Next I designed 3 hearts on the Cameo Studio software, inserted some words into each heart and cut them out and adhered them to the card.
I cut out another heart and adhered it tot he fron t of the card as a closure for the card.
If you want to watch a video tutorial of how to make this card you can see a similar version demonstrated  Here. Its not me doing this video and I just folded an A4 card and made sure the width of my strips were just slightly smaller than the width of the panel.
I haven't got as far as figuring out how to do a video. that might be something I might consider in the future...... way into the future!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.