"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

21 Feb 2012

Tags


The king of crafting, Tim Holtz is doing '12 tags for 2012' on his blog. Decorating tags is something I haven't really done before  so I thought I'd have a go at the challenge. This is February's  tag.Of course its got to have a heart in it somewhere! How did I do it?
1. I rubbed Red Brick and Dusty Concord Distress ink around the edges of the tag. I used Marmalade to colour the centre.
2. I stamped the bottom of the card with Versamark and embossed it with gold embossing powder.
3. I stamped some hearts with gold pigment ink ( Dew Drop).
4. I cut out a heart shape and embossed it with  a tri-boss embossing folder. I don't know the make because I got it in a Goody bag. The the label just says Universal Embossing folder. I lightly rubbed over the heart with the gold pigment ink.
5. I cut out the heart swirl using my Cameo and embossed that too.
6. I cut  some hessian ribbon and adhered it to the back of the main heart. I then adhered the heart swirl to the top of the heart.
7. I finished it off with a strip of ribbon adhered across the width of the tag and through the hole at the top of the tag. A few charms and brads were also added. It doesn't look a bit like the one Tim did but I guess its OK to do my own design. I enjoyed doing it but I don't really know what I'd use it for... maybe on a layout??
 Offers of ideas are always welcome!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Que bonita y romantica te ha quedado, me gusta mucho....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias por su comentario amable

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.