The king of crafting, Tim Holtz is doing '12 tags for 2012' on his blog. Decorating tags is something I haven't really done before so I thought I'd have a go at the challenge. This is February's tag.Of course its got to have a heart in it somewhere! How did I do it?
1. I rubbed Red Brick and Dusty Concord Distress ink around the edges of the tag. I used Marmalade to colour the centre.
2. I stamped the bottom of the card with Versamark and embossed it with gold embossing powder.
3. I stamped some hearts with gold pigment ink ( Dew Drop).
4. I cut out a heart shape and embossed it with a tri-boss embossing folder. I don't know the make because I got it in a Goody bag. The the label just says Universal Embossing folder. I lightly rubbed over the heart with the gold pigment ink.
5. I cut out the heart swirl using my Cameo and embossed that too.
6. I cut some hessian ribbon and adhered it to the back of the main heart. I then adhered the heart swirl to the top of the heart.
7. I finished it off with a strip of ribbon adhered across the width of the tag and through the hole at the top of the tag. A few charms and brads were also added. It doesn't look a bit like the one Tim did but I guess its OK to do my own design. I enjoyed doing it but I don't really know what I'd use it for... maybe on a layout??
Offers of ideas are always welcome!!