"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

23 Feb 2012

Tag 2

Good day Crafters!! Are you having a good crafting day? I have had a good one.
Its my usual Crafty friends group and Today I showed them how to make the hidden message card I'd made for Valentines. They did a great job too!
This evening I've been busy phoning around different places trying to find a reasonably inexpensive venue to hold the Chepstow Pink Scrappers group. Its amazing how much the price varies for similar halls. One venue sounds promising as far as cost is concerned but it is a little way out of town. I'll pass the info onto the rest of the committee ans see what they think. I hope we can start up again soon because time is moving on.

Last night I did the Tim Holtz 12 for 2012 tag and decided to do another one for February being as my birthday is in this month.
 I coloured the tag with Marmalade, Pine needles Distress inks. Next  I  clear embossed a dandelion ball into the card and then rubbed some Dusty concord over it to give and buffed it with a tissue to show the clear stamp giving a resist effect to the flower. I used gold dew drop ink and clear embossing powder to stamp the other dandelion balls. I cut out the wording and adhered then to the tag. I tied some raffia through the eyelet at the top to finish it off. Hmmmmm now you know how old I am!!!

I found  a sketch book in my storage and have decided to dedicate it to this project. I'll make pockets for each month and slot  the  tags inside. I've started the first pocket. I adhered two pages together and covered them with some Sassafrass paper.   I distressed it with some Red Brick and Marmarlade Distress ink. I used the Cameo to cut out the Month and adhered it to the pocket with a glue pen. The glue is still drying so I'll add some other embellies once its dry. The book was very inexpensive so I won;t mind tearing out any pages if I make any mistakes lol.... now is that me being pessimistic or realistic?? ..... answers on a post card please  .....    LMAO
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.