"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

18 Feb 2012

Christmas tree in February

Christmas has come early this year! Hmmm not really, once a year is great but I don't fancy it more than that.. too much work!
 I found a bag with the Christmas cards I received this year so I decided to make use of them. I've made a canvas with a Christmas tree using an old card.

I sprayed the background with some Dylusions ink spray. I think they are now under the Ranger label. I used Teal and Royal blue inks. I used a variety of stamps and just stamped the canvas with different stars using gold acrylic paint.
 I then added texture by stippling gold paint through some punchonella. I cut out and adhered a tree shape to the canvas with Mod Podge. I added a few rub ons and drew around the edge of the tree with a pen. I'm not sure I've finished it yet. I need to come back to it and take a look at it.
I'll have to think about making a birthday card for my daughter's fiancé. He's into heavy metal music so I'd like to try a card with that theme. His Birthday isn't until April so I have plenty of time to think of an idea for it.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.