"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

28 Feb 2012

Catch Up

I thought it might be a good idea to catch up on the January tag for the 12 tags in 2012 so that's what I did this evening.
I coloured the tag with Dusty Concord and Blue denim distress inks.
 I stamped then stamped it using different media.The clock stamp is from the Papermania Portobello Road collection.  I used black Mimento for the clocks and silver pigment ink and clear embossing powder  for the  star shapes. The circles are from Banana Frog. The silver pigment ink didn't show up very well so I went over it with Silver acrylic paint. It was a Ranger dabber ink. I also edged the tag with it.
 I cut out some numbers (2012) from mirri card and embossed them with a Stampin Up/Sizzix embossing folder. I adhered them to the tag.
I rubbed over the numbers with some black acrylic paint to get the aged look.
I finished it off by wrapping some purple and silver cord around it.


I then decorated the pocket for the tag. I cut out a square of mirri card and embossed it with the same design as the stamp (from the same collection). I also cut out the word January and adhered it to some backing paper from my stash. Once the glue was dry I run it through the same embossing folder as the numbers. I edged the topper with Dusty Concord ink to match it all together.
I need to decorate the February page next and make some covers for the mini album. I'm so glad I decided to make the mini album. Its going to look so much better than the sketch book. What do you think of it so far???
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.