"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

29 Jan 2012

What a blooper!


There I was thinking how well I was progressing tonight and bhamm!! how silly of me... yes I did a blooper!
I started the evening off very well. I cut a little photo mat to adhere to one of the small pockets, that went well. Then I covered one of the butterflies on another little pocket with crackle glaze and adhered a cage I'd cut from bronze mirri board using a Tim Holtz die. Once the crackle was dry I covered it with the cage. Next I cut out a butterfly  file from the Silhouette site and cut it with my cameo. I also cut just a solid butterfly, out of holographic mirri board, to go underneath the first one.  I matted the two pieces together and adhered them to the page. I made a little tag to go inside the butterfly.

Its all gone very well so far so I have an idea to make a photo wallet to go inside one of the pockets. Again I used a file from the Silhouette site on my Cameo. It was a square with decorated corners. The paper was a bit thin so I strengthened the intricate corners by layering some card unerneath it.
I then  cut out some purple card and folded it to create some pages. I adhered that to the centre of the wallet. I made a band from card and wrapped some ribbon around it,  a bow hid the join.  This slipped over the wallet to keep it closed.
The photo shows one side open with a page protruding. The band is slipped over the one page. The little tag on the side is the underside of the butterfly tag.

Great,  I say to myself,  that's another wallet completed.  I tried to slip it into one of the pockets on the album and.................arrggghhh ....BLOOPER .......its too big to fit into the pockets!!!
I hadn't  checked my measurements properly and the wallet was about 1/4 inch too big all the way around.

The design doesn't allow me to trim it without  spoiling it. I'm going to have to make another one. It took me ages to make that one. Ah well that'll teach me to check my measurments.

I'll use this one for something else, it wont go wasted.

My piece of advice to you crafters out there............ always double check you measurements and make sure its going to fit !!!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.