"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

14 Jan 2012

Mouldy Gesso

Today I finished the card I started on Thursday.  I cut out pentagons and adhered them to the card to create the background. Black pen drew the faux stitching. I then cut out a circle, an oval and a rectangle from paper and layered them to for the hot air balloon.
Next I adhered that to the background and edged the balloon with silver coloured peel offs. I also used the peel offs to create some cloud effects in the sky. I cut out some smaller balloons from some paper scraps  and added them. A Happy Birthday finished the card. Now I can look at the picture I've noticed the wording ids a bit jaunty!! Ahh well too late to do anything about it now lol.

After I'd finished the card I was going to start my Christmas tree canvas but....... disaster! ..........I opened my pot of Gesso only to discover it had gone mouldy!!
I had no idea it could do that. That put a stop to my plans for tonight... I'll have to with until Monday to get another pot. I can't go shopping tomorrow, I've got a visitor coming for the afternoon.

Instead I played with my Silhouette Cameo Studio software and created an ipod cutting file.   You can download it from here


Now I'm off to research Gesso!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.