"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

18 Jan 2012

Hippy

My feet don't seem to have hit the ground since Christmas, at the moment its work keeping me busy in the evenings. Its preparing for the annual reports of most of my pupils. Its  a tough time for them because they hate being tested but is so nice to see them make progress.
Tonight I took time of doing work and got on with a canvas. I was going to recycle my old Christmas  cards and make a Christmas tree canvas but once I'd started doing the background I changed my mind and decided to do another girl. I  let it develop as I went alongI used mainly inks,stamps, paints and  transfers on this canvas.


 I recently bought some of Dyan's Dylusions spray inks from Art from the Heart site so I was delighted to use them tonight to create the background. I used green, garnet and yellow. I just sprayed them randomly over the canvas.
I edged the canvas with some bronze paint dabber from Ranger and let it dry.


Once the spray was dry I used my Stazon Inks and various stamps including  Fiskars continuous stamps and the Banana Frog  shapes in the photo. I just randomly stamped shapes and flowers over the canvas. I used blue, violet , red, green and yellow Stazon inks to create the patterns. To me the background reminded me of the sixties psychedelic look so that is how I made the girl.


The girl stage just involved cutting her out and making some clothes. I had some scraps from some Melody Ross papers I'd used in a scrap book project a while back. The top and skirt are the same papers. I just stamped over the skirt. I fringed the bottom of the top and skirt.
I coloured her hair with Pitt pens. A head band and flowers finished the canvas. Once it is totally dry I'll add some wording but I'll have to think what they'll be. Something about flower power or being a child of her era.I'm not sure yet. Have you got any ideas for a phrase for her?
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are talented. I need to get back to doing more artsy stuff like that.

    I gave you an award! Head on over to my blog to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. Definitely get your artsy stuff out, its nice to ring the changes sometimes!
    Se my next post I've done something very different!! I'll pop over to your blog too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.