"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

1 Jan 2012

Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!! I hope you had a good New Years Eve and that 2012 will be a good one for you. My New years eve was a quiet one. Hubby rang me from hospital just before midnight. It's the first time we've been apart on NYE in 35 years. It was lovely being on the phone together. It was the next best thing to being together.

Now my daughter has received her card I can post it here at last!
I folded purple some linen textured card in half.  I rubbed  pink pigment ink over the inside of a Sizzix embossing folder ( I can't remember the name sorry) and run some pink card inside the folder  through my Bigshot. The ink transferred to the card leaving a textured mat. I adhered the mat to the card and edged the base with faux stitching with my white Sigma pen. 
I cut out pieces of paper and adhered them onto a card to make them look like patch work. I then cut out the handbag (purse) shape plus the flap. I drew faux stitching over the edges of the "patches.  I edged the flap with pink pigment ink (dew drop inks)  and added a brad with her initial. I adhered that to the bag with foam pads to give it some dimension.
I cut out the "Happy Birthday" with my Cameo and again added some faux stitching and adhered that on the top of the page. I used the Cameo to write Happy Birthday, and her name, with a purple  pen using the pen holder attachment on the  the insert . That finished the card!!

I've started to do another canvas with a fairy. I really don't like the last one I did and I'm keen to one that is much nicer.  Picture to follow when I've finished it....
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.