"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

30 Dec 2011

Journaling

I've spent the last few days visiting my hubby in hospital. He's had a stroke. Luckily its a mild one and I'm sure he'll make a full recovery. He'll be in hospital a few more days so my days are taken up driving to and from hospital.

Tonight I needed some serious relax time so I did a page of journaling. I cut 1inch squares of scrap paper and adhered them to my page. I drew faux cross stitches between the squares. I then cut a paper pocket and cut the edge with a Fiskars edge punch  and folded it over so form the top of the pocket. I used a white Pentel hybrid pen to draw the "running  stitches" and also edged the butterflies with the white pen.
Next  I cut two 3 x 4 inch tags and cut the corners with the  scallop corner chomper. Again I drew stitches along the edge then wrote my thoughts and popped them into the pocket.
I bought some ribbon doilies  today and was going to put one on the pocket but I've mislaid them somewhere. I'll look for them tomorrow.
If I have time tomorrow I'll start taking my Christmas decrations down. Christmas is well and truly over here.....

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sheridan-I'm so sorry about your husband! I'll be praying for you both.
    Craft time is always a stress reliever-get in as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great journal page. I've started to show my pages too. I love the idea of the secret pocket to hide well....secrets! :) Happy New Year Sheri!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.