She is a modern Christmas angel or if you prefer a winter fairy. Unfortunately the camera doesn't pick up the subtle colours in the background. I stamped the background with red and yellow Stazon. I edged and stenciled the frame with white moulding paste and sprinkled on some course and fine glitter. Near the end I used my new Ranger silver paint dauber to edge the frame. It came out thicker than I expected but I like the effect. I also adhered some stars around the canvas.
Her skirt is similar to the SheArt 2 course and is made up of old Christmas cards. Her jacket is made from felt as is her "brooch". The collar is made up of small beads. I had a bit of a problem with her collar... I was inpatient and touched them to see if the glue was dry and they ended up stuck to my fingers instead. They didn't go back as well as the original by hey ho......... or should it be ho, ho, ho?!!!
Her wings are a butterfly trimmed down to fit. I daubbed gold and silver paint to colour the wings and again I sprinkled some glitter on her wings. Her hair band is made up of yellow and green caviar beads. I was hoping it would give a halo effect but it didn't work out. Still, her hair looks fine. I'm not sure that I want to add a face to this one. I'm scared I'll spoil it and a lot of work has gone into this canvas. Hmmmmm ......I think I'll leave her face blank. Stop while the going is good is my motto for this one! LOL
The whole painting was spritzed with Ranger sunflower shimmer mist which gives the background a gold sheen as you turn the canvas. I did try to add some rub ons but they wouldn't rub off the backing sheet for some reason.
The canvas should look a bit better when all the adhesives and seals are completely dry.